From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-03-26 14:55:28

No; the current focus on Boost.Pool is to update it to use other Boost
libraries more. There are a lot of non-obvious problems to getting that
"base class" pool interface working correctly - plus the whole question of
whether it is even a desirable design. I am considering dropping that from
the "future directions" instead of actually doing it.

> Also, what about an allocator that takes the size of memory to be
allocated
> and forwards it to an appropriate pool (or to the standard malloc/new if
the
> size is over a certain threshold size)?

If you need a general memory allocator, use malloc/new. Any modern
malloc/new already does this internally.

        -Steve