From: Rozental, Gennadiy (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-26 15:01:04

> Type_info is part of the C++ standard. I don't understand the
> turning off of this in C++ code, but even it is done for an
> implementation,

Let me clrify again that I don't think that this is the feature optionally
supported by compilers. By now almost all cvompilers I know supports RTTI
one way or another.
Unfortunately from my expirience RTTI implementations usually have
non-negligeble runtime overhead (in both speed and size). Be aware that if
even one class in progrma is using std::type_info, I am forcing to turn on
RTTI that affects *all* classes.

> I don't think that Boost should now have to
> worry about not supporting it in a library because end-users
> can turn it off.

I could not turn of RTTI once typeinfo is included. I will get link errors.

Gennadiy.