From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-26 17:22:29

"Rozental, Gennadiy" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> No, I am explicitly saying that if you want to avoid typeinfo maybe
>> you should also be forced to compromise and avoid exceptions too. I
>> think that would have the least negative impact on the design and I
>> like the trade-off it implies.
>
> This trade-in is based on assumption that If I do not want RTTI
> runtime overhead I would not want exception one also.

No, it's based on the assumption that catering to a few people who are
trying to use a subset of the language is less important than
preserving design cleanliness and integrity.

Maybe if there were one or two other people clamoring for this change
I'd be more sympathetic, but so far it doesn't sound like it's worth
making this change for one person.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting