From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-27 09:32:45

Johan Nilsson wrote:

> Yes, but why not have both on all platforms?

It would make using it cross-platform easier, but you aren't actually
getting microsecond information under windows, so if your program relies
on that detail, it won't work correctly under windows anyway, so you
must make your program work with millisecond times and you could then
just use your millisec_clock on both platforms.

Basically, I both agree and disagree. I agree from the point of view of
using the library cross-platform, but disagree on the principle that
your using something that promises microsecond detail, but in fact is
only returning millisecond. (in my example anyway, if you could make
the microsecond stuff work from QPC then that would be fine)

Cheers

Russell