From: Eric Friedman (ebf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-03-31 22:41:38

Allen Bierbaum wrote:
> I have been very impressed with the Variant library and started using it
> with Boost 1.29.

Good to hear. I'd be interested in your experience using the library in a
real-world (?) application.

> I now need to start to using Boost 1.30.0 though and I don't think the
> variant library distributed for the review will work with the 1.30.0
> release.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions how I can use the variant library with
> Boost 1.30.0? Anyone have an updated distribution of the Variant library?

I plan to ready the code for release with 1.31. Until then, you can try
using the code in the sandbox, which I have recently updated to work with
1.30.

Note, however, that the code in the sandbox will change -- sometimes
significantly -- and integrates variant with other libraries I am
developing, such as Boost.Visitor and Boost.Move. If this is a problem for
you, you may want to update the variant submission code yourself. Most of
the required changes are to accomodate class and header name-changes in MPL
between 1.29 and 1.30 -- nothing terribly significant.

Thanks,
Eric