From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-08 03:28:34

Hi,

I have one suggestion regarding BOOST_NO_DEDUCED_TYPENAME macro.

This macro influences the value of BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME.
If it is defined, BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME is equal to nil, otherwise
it is "typename"

BOOST_NO_DEDUCED_TYPENAME is defined for VC++6.0, but not for VC++7.0.
According to my experience, the VC++ 7.0 have also problems with the
typename keyword. Ususaly the compiler parses the keyword to nothing
( ignores it ), but in rare circumstances it throws an unexpected and
meaningless error.

Defining BOOST_NO_DEDUCED_TYPENAME also for VC++7.0 resolves the problem.

I would like to suggest to extend the BOOST_NO_DEDUCED_TYPENAME definition also
for the version 7.0 of this compiler.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide a small example showing the problem. The problem
arises only with quite complicated code. I can try to show the error in a code from
the sandbox if required.

Regards,

Pavol