From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-08 05:16:17

Pavol Droba <droba_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I would like to suggest to extend the BOOST_NO_DEDUCED_TYPENAME definition also
> for the version 7.0 of this compiler.
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot provide a small example showing the problem. The problem
> arises only with quite complicated code. I can try to show the error in a code from
> the sandbox if required.

Hi Pavol,

Here are the plans for BOOST_NO_DEDUCED_TYPENAME/BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME:

  1. Rename to BOOST_NO_TYPENAME/BOOST_TYPENAME

  2. Define BOOST_NO_TYPENAME additionally for Borland 5.5.1 (and
     possibly higher versions)

  3. Update the Boost.Config tests so that it will be detected for
     Borland 5.5.1 (and possibly higher versions)

  4. Update the Boost.Config documentation to reflect the name change
     and the fact that it applies to all contexts, not just deduced
     ones.

If you would like to submit a patch set which accomplishes the above,
and adds VC7 to the mix, I'd be very pleased to integrate it into the
CVS.

Thanks!

--
Dave Abrahams