From: Allen Bierbaum (allenb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-08 11:57:20

John Maddock wrote:
>>I am getting a strange warning message when using is_convertible<> to
>>test floats and doubles with GCC 3.2 (RH 8.0 release) and boost 1.30.
>>
>>When I write this code:
>>
>>bool test = boost::is_convertible<float,int>::value;
>>
>>I get the following warning:
>>
>>test.cpp:129: instantiated from `boost::is_convertible<float, int>'
>>test.cpp:129: instantiated from here
>>/boost/boost/type_traits/is_convertible.hpp:128: warning: passing
>> `float' for argument 1 of `static yes_type
>> boost::detail::checker<T>::_m_check(T, int) [with T = int]'
>>
>>I could just ignore the warning, but I am seeing this with
>>boost::variant (the variant contains float and double) and there are a
>>LARGE number of warnings output. :(
>>
>>Can anyone suggest a work around, am I using it wrong, or is this a
>>known issue with type_traits?
>

> It should now be fixed in cvs, thanks for reminding me about that one....

could this fix be merged only the 1.30 branch? I would really like to
be able to keep using a stable release branch instead of having to
convert my project over to using the CVS version. Moving to CVS is
expecially difficult sunce several of the projects that I rely upon also
use Boost 1.30 and it is unlikely they will be moving to using boost cvs
any time soon.

Thanks,
Allen