From: Alexander Terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-10 09:25:24

Terje Slettebø wrote:
[...]
> I seem to have missed your point. ....

The point is that(*) unless you really want to use copyright to "prevent
other developers abusing the code in a non-free way" or something like
that, there's just no rational reason whatsoever to use copyrights and
licensing... well, except somewhat childish "you-shall-give-me-a-credit",
sheesh. Just require all boost submissions/contributions to be released
into the public domain and be done with it, really.

regards,
alexander.

(*) "corporate" view w.r.t. patent issues/etc.-IP stuff and liabilities
    aside for a moment.

--
http://www.terekhov.de/pthread_refcount_t/poor-man/beta2/prefcnt.h