From: Bjorn.Karlsson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-04-10 01:21:44

> From: Terje Slettebø [mailto:tslettebo_at_[hidden]]
>
> By the way, some libraries (such as Boost.Config) have copyright
> "Boost.org". Is Boost a legal entity?

No, it's not. We need to get rid of those copyright statements, and replace
them with the names of the authors. We improved the state of affairs in
Boost 1.30.0, but there's more to be done. Files with copyright statements
that use Boost.org or implicit copyrights (i.e. no statement at all) are
considered defective, and thus need to be fixed.

[Beman's inspect program does a great job of detecting this type of problem,
and more. It's located in boost/tools/inspect, and it's a good idea for
authors/maintainers to run it on their libraries on a regular basis.]

Bjorn Karlsson