From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-14 08:50:08

There is DEFINITELY a need for this - and in the C++ Standard Library, but the
relative merits of the two proposals mae so far are not yet clear to me.

Perhaps we need more real user experience. (Or is the problem that the MSVC
compiler can't/couldn't handle the SIUnits code?)

I also feel strongly that users need to be able to handle 'uncertainty of
quantity' by combining Quantity/SIUnits with the interval library (and something
built on top of the interval library to include more information about
'uncertainty of uncertainty' clues like degrees of freedom). So I wonder if
either or both fit together?

Since Boost is not Standard, I think there will be room for both, especially
after Pavel's note on the differences. So I am sure a submission will encourage
testing, use, and documentation - especially persuasive examples.

Paul

Paul A Bristow, Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830 Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
Mobile mailto:pabristow_at_[hidden]
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]