From: Nicola Santi (nicola.santi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-15 05:45:28

Hi,

I would like to submit to your attention eternity, a free library I’ve
first released at the end of last millennium. I think it could match
some technical requirements to become part of boost library (xml and
binary persistence, stl containers support, ANSI compliant, name
conventions, and so) and I know it has been useful to over 2.000 people
in the world since now.

The really obstacle is the cross compiler/platform ambition: I suppose
to have used only standard C++ and stl libraries, and headers inclusion,
respected conventions and tested on all compilers I could have reached
but, as you know, the only way to proof portability is on a vast ground.

Since now I’ve received a lot of mails from eternity users but the major
comes from Intel platform (gcc, Borland, VC++, mingw), a little quote
from AIX and few mails from Sun Solaris. So, after 5 years from the
first release of eternity and four versions, I do not know for sure if
it is a really ANSI compliant library.

That’s the reason of this post, I would like to discover:

- Firstly, if there could be some interest from boost community to add
my persistence engine to your libraries and

- Secondly (also if the answer to first question is 'no') if there is
some good guy that has tested eternity or want to test eternity on
'exoteric' compilers to feedback informations.

A simple mail of suggestions, opinions, and critics would be appreciate
also.

eternity web site: www.winghands.it/prodotti/eternity

Thanks in advanced.
N.