From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-20 19:52:13

[2003-04-18] David Abrahams wrote:

>"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Just FYI, I recently stumbled across http://luabind.sf.net - a library
that
>> seems to be a boost.python "port" for the Lua language (www.lua.org).

Very nice indeed. I had started very pleriminary work on Lua bindings
miself. But I'm nowhere close to what they have. Wish it would work with
CodeWarrior :-( But I guess I can work on that part.

>It also seems to draw some inspiration from Joel's work on Phoenix
>syntax:
>
> class_<A>(L, "A")
> .enum_("constants")
> [
> value("my_enum", 4),
> value("my_2nd_enum", 7),
> value("another_enum", 6)
> ];

Yes, nice, like it very much :-)

>> It might be an interesting project to isolate the language-independent
parts
>> into a core library. :-)
>
>Mos' def!
>
>It seems as though there must be a great deal of common work here.
>It also seems as though pyste could easily(?) be adapted to generate
>bindings for various languages.
>
>I'd really like to see all this work brought together in Boost so the
>common elements could be factored out and re-used (say, for Perl!).

I think I'll go join another mail-list and see what they think about
starting some work in the Boost-Sandbox.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq