From: Trevor Taylor (xju_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-26 23:14:32

So it sounds to me like the :blat is *not* part of the extension. It
sounds like the NT file name is made up of three parts: name, extension
and "stream".

In which case I think it is fine to have functions extension() and
change_extension() - they just should not report or modify the stream part.

To implement them I guess I'd need to know whether the file name was an
NTFS filename, and then how to reliably locate the "extension" part?

Just my 2 cents...

Trevor