From: Eric Frias (efrias_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-29 09:18:57

I just tried compiling a program that used the format library with
Microsoft's newly-released compiler and got a compile problem with an old
compatibility hack:

In format/msvc_disambiguater.hpp, the contents are guarded with:
    #if defined(BOOST_MSVC) && BOOST_MSVC <= 1300

And in format/feed_args.hpp, the section of code that uses the disambiguater
is guarded with:
    #if BOOST_WORKAROUND( BOOST_MSVC, BOOST_TESTED_AT(1300))

I believe the workaround is not needed for 7.1, so the guard in
msvc_disambiguater.hpp is correct. I'm not entirely sure how to use the
BOOST_WORKAROUND macros, but I think the one in feed_args.hpp needs to be
rewritten something like:
    #if BOOST_MSVC <= 1300 && \
         BOOST_WORKAROUND(BOOST_MSVC, BOOST_TESTED_AT(1310))

I haven't done extensive testing of format library, but it compiles
everything that we happen to use in our application with the workaround
disabled in 7.1.

Eric