From: William E. Kempf (wekempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-30 09:13:39

Pavol Droba said:
> I have noticed a lot of new warnings in the release 1.30.
> I absuletely agree, that there is no reason to do some kind of "line by
> line" pragma suppression.
>
> But...
>
> Most of the new warnings can be easily removed with a static_cast. I
> don't understand, why any boost lib have to generate such a warnings.

I'm going to guess that most of the new warnings you see aren't level 4
warnings. I'll also guess that the crept in for the same reason I missed
some VC warnings in Boost.Threads with 1.30. That is to say, it happened
because I assumed Boost.Build was setting the warning level to an
appropriate default (i.e. the level that the IDE sets for new projects),
when in fact, it wasn't setting it at all. I posted about this a while
ago.

If this isn't the cause, then you'll have to ask individual authors,
and/or submit patches.

--
William E. Kempf