From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-04-30 10:01:50

At 06:40 PM 4/29/2003, Vaclav Vesely wrote:

>This patch allows to compile regression tools with MSVC 6.

First, thanks for going to the effort to work through the various issues.

I have very mixed feelings about the patch. Obviously it is great to extend
the regression reporting tools to work with more compilers, but there just
hasn't been any demand from users.

I hate to see the source code degraded to cope with a compiler version that
is now two releases and 14 months out-of-date, particularly when the latest
version is *much* more standards conforming, and both of the newer versions
do fine with the reporting tools. Looking forward, I also don't want to
have to support VC++ 6.0 for any future changes.

So please don't take it personally, but I'm not going to apply the patches
unless someone comes forward with more rationale for supporting reporting
tool compilations with VC++ 6.0.

--Beman