From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-02 08:44:05

On Thursday 01 May 2003 10:50 pm, Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
> > * Do TR components need a formal review?
> >
> > Some kind of review is needed to ensure quality, but the process
> > should be simplified compared to a normal formal review. Details
> > need to be worked out.
>
> As alluded to by Beman, there was a previous discussion between me,
> Doug, Dave and Jaakko. There's an implementation of the TR compliant
> version of the tuple library written by Jaakko and me a few months ago.
> Right now, it is still in the Spirit CVS. Some of us would like to have it
> in boost's CVS in the tuple directory. I asked for a go signal. So far,
> Dave, Jaakko and Doug gave it a go. If a formal review is required, I
> guess I can't proceed yet at this point?
>
> I await your comments regarding this matter.

I don't see any reason to rereview Joel & Jaakko's new implementation of
tuples. We don't have a policy of reviewing changes to implementations once a
library is initially accepted, and some libraries have undergone much more
drastic rewrites than what Joel & Jaakko have done with tuples. Regardless of
what we decide for "Do TR components need a formal review?", I don't believe
it should affect reimplementations and tweaks of existing Boost libraries to
match the TR interface.

        Doug