From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-02 17:31:14

Andreas Huber <ah2003_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Don't use Win32 directly. Use a threading lib instead. The threading lib
> itself of course needs to include windows.h and is therefore compiled
> without /Za. But that does not mean that the client code cannot use /Za
> because all it sees is (for example) thread.h and thread.lib. No windows.h
> anywhere.

Ok, got it eventually. So the problem seems to be that BOOST_HAS_THREADS is
an overload set of two functions ;)

1) The compiler supports threading (?)
2) The user asked for thread support/safety

I think it started with 2) and then switched to be 1) because of compilation
errors. I'm not into threading issues but this needs to be disambiguated for
sure.

Giovanni Bajo