From: Andreas Huber (ah2003_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-03 03:20:28

> Ok, got it eventually. So the problem seems to be that
> BOOST_HAS_THREADS is an overload set of two functions ;)
>
> 1) The compiler supports threading (?)
> 2) The user asked for thread support/safety

I don't seem to understand. How can a user *ask* for thread support/safety?
AFAICT, everything is supposed to be detected automatically? I would make
the following changes:

a) Introduce a new #define for cases when we know that there are multiple
threads but we fail to detect a particular threading library, e.g.
BOOST_HAS_UNKNOWN_THREADS. Of course, boost/threads would simply fail to
compile with BOOST_HAS_UNKNOWN_THREADS, as it would be the case when /Za is
set.
b) Make sure BOOST_HAS_THREADS remains turned on when
BOOST_HAS_UNKNOWN_THREADS is turned on.

Andreas