From: Powell, Gary (powellg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-06 10:32:23

[Peter D.] wrote:
Doesn't seem a good plan to me. You can't find bugs in TR libraries by
looking. It's a TR library if it passes a TR test suite, not a code review.

I disagree. You can find bugs by reading code. Just not all of them. So I also strongly agree with code reviewing the test suites as well.

I think that a "formal" review isn't what is needed but a code review of the core and the test suite is, and a 2 day wait is too short for volunteers. So for a major re-write, there should be at least 2 people to code review it, it should pass the test suite no worse than before. (ok, maybe we leave some broken compilers behind but that could bite us.)

   -Gary-