From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-21 12:15:25

John Torjo <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> - critical (this is critical, the app. probably became unstable)

err... khem, did you considered "fatal" instead of "critical" ? It has 5
letters, no more than other levels ... And maybe add another level
"info" ?

> Default logger dumps all details of the assertion to
> a file called './asserts.txt'.

I think that opening file without any code written by programmer is bad
idea. It just does not seem fair. My proposal is : *require* to let
programmer explicitly specify class responsible for writing, and provide
generic one (it can write to file "./asserts.txt" , but still has to be
selected by programmer in some place). Such class may do other things
instead of writing to file, like write to debug output
(OutputDebugString(LPCTSTR) in Windows - this is what I prefer when
debuging my code)

Regards

B.