From: Holger Grund (h.grund_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-22 06:36:12

Hey Vladimir,

> >> I'm getting internal compiler errors with VC 7.1 for cmdfile.cpp.
> >> (Building with jam file and 3077 [RTM] ) Is this a known issue?
> >>
> > Seems to be related to the version check in ln. 343 which
> > references the final beta only. RC3 & RTM should be
> > included to. >= 13102292 fixes the problem for me.
>
> Could you please tell what's the value of _MSC_FULL_VER for you? I'd
like
> to use LAST_TESTED_AT macro, in order that it's possible to find
when this
> problem is fixed. Simple >= will apply this workaround for all
future
> versions.
It expands to 13103077 (RTM).

I actually thought it was a workaround for older VC compilers
and only fixed with > 7.1 B2 (I probably shouldn't post
before my first cup of coffee). Looking only at the affected
lines, I was under the impression that only first alternative
"std::strncmp" was correct.

If you can't make it work without the preprocessor (you could
try initializing cmp in the declaration; that solved the problem for
the repro I filed with MS ) the TESTED_AT macro is certainly
much more explicit.

BTW: I don't think that the using directives are a very good idea.
At least BCC and VC seem to have trouble with m.

-hg