From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-23 07:04:14

Hi Neal,

Neal D. Becker wrote:

> Why not a generic default validator?

Good question! I think that I planned to define specialization for common
types, like "int" and "float" in library sources, so that client code does
not have to instantinate them. As it is now, there are only specialized
version, not not generic one. Hmm.. that should be fixed.

However, I must admit that I don't know how to declare primary template and
then instantinate some of them in library source. I can't put explicit
instantination in header. And if I put explicit specialization, then I'll
have to write the body. Any suggestions?

> BTW, I know "typeid (T).name()" doesn't really work, but I'm not sure what
> would be better.

For builtin types one can create a type trait which will return "good" name.

- Volodya