From: Fernando Cacciola (fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-23 07:35:58

Johannes Brunen <jbrunen_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> There is already a mature traditional library, namely the
> Computational Geometry Algorithm Library (CGAL).
>
> http://www.cgal.org/index2.html
>
> They have already done a lot of work in the field.
>
> Unfortunaltly, it has special licening conditions. But it is still worth
> a look!

Furthermore, the CGAL 2/3D Kernels -which are very very good and mature-
will be available under the LGPL license somewhere this year, so I guess it
won't payout to write a boost basic geometric library.
Checkout:

http://www.geometryfactory.com/components/index.html

Once the Kernels are made publicly available, we can see to convice the
developers to have them (or a subset) under the Boost license instead of
LGPL.

In any event, the Kernel documentation is available, so I recommend to look
at it before designing a basic geometry library.

Fernando Cacciola