From: Marshall Clow (marshall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-24 12:37:21

About a week ago, the regression tests that I run started failing.
In particular, the program "process_jam_log" was failing.

Today, I had some time to chase down the problem.
It turns out that the file "regress.log" that is created as part of the tests
is malformed, and is causing the program that processes it to fail.

Here is, I believe, the relevant section of "regress.log":
[ some snipped ]
boost-test(RUN) "posix_api_check" :
"libs/regex/libs/regex/test/c_compiler_checks/posix_api_check.cpp"
boost-test(RUN) "wide_posix_api_check" :
"libs/regex/libs/regex/test/c_compiler_checks/wide_posix_api_check.cpp"
boost-test(RUN) "bad_expression_test" :
boost-test(RUN) "recursion_test" :
boost-test(RUN) "regex_timer" :
"libs/regex/libs/regex/example/timer/regex_timer.cpp"
boost-test(RUN) "jgrep" :
"libs/regex/libs/regex/example/jgrep/jgrep.cpp"
"libs/regex/libs/regex/example/jgrep/main.cpp"
[ some snipped ]

Note that the "bad_expression_test" and the "recursion_test" lines do
not have a file name
associated with them.

Looking through the jam output, I find the following lines:

don't know how to make <libs!regex!test>pathology/bad_expression_test.cpp
don't know how to make <libs!regex!test>pathology/recursion_test.cpp

Have these files gone missing?
Should these tests be removed?
Am I just not updating some file in the CVS correctly?

Expiring minds want to know....

--
-- Marshall
Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:marshall_at_[hidden]>