From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-24 13:24:14

Hi,

Marshall Clow wrote:
> About a week ago, the regression tests that I run started failing.
> In particular, the program "process_jam_log" was failing.

> boost-test(RUN) "bad_expression_test" :
> boost-test(RUN) "recursion_test" :
> boost-test(RUN) "regex_timer" :
> "libs/regex/libs/regex/example/timer/regex_timer.cpp"

I hit the same problem when I started Linux regression tests.
process_jam_log fails due to an std::out_of_range exception
being thown by std::string::substr when these invalid lines
are being processed.

However, this is only a symptom. The cause lies in a problem
at SourceForge some time ago. The SF team had to restore the
Boost CVS tree from backup.

Unfortunately the information CVS keeps for a checked out
copy wasn't accurrate wrt to the state of CVS. cvs update
seems to be unable to create a valid copy of the CVS in
this situation.

The solution is simple: use cvs co to checkout a fresh
copy of the sources.

I suspect that some of the problems recently reported wrt.
the regex library have the same cause.

hth,