From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-25 12:18:00

I have added support for output of quaternions and octonions using my I/O
Formatting Manipulators library to provide custom formatting. While testing
the portability of my library, I have noticed that quite a few of the
compilers don't like the quaternion/octonion classes.

This is using the versions from release 1.30.0, so if these issues are fixed
in the CVS, please ignore them. Likewise if these are me using the compilers
wrong!

MS VC++ 7.0 - no problems :-)
GNU C++ 3.2.2 - no problems :-)

Borland C++Compiler 5.5 + SP2
   does not like the operator-generator macros that have the (/) parameter,
e.g.
      quaternion.hpp[1108]: BOOST_QUATERNION_OPERATOR_GENERATOR(/)

GNU C++ 2.95.3-5
   cannot find the limits standard header file (is this me?!)

GNU C++ 3.3
   many errors along the lines of:
      error: `R_component_2' undeclared (first use this function)

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Reece

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger