From: Gregory Colvin (gregory.colvin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-05-30 13:05:49

Thanks, but your description of cyclic_ptr is pretty far off the mark.
It does not maintain a global map, and copying cyclic_ptr cost the same
as copying shared_ptr. The special assignment mode is used only during
the mark phase of a collection, and costs more or less the same as any
other discovery method.