From: Andreas Huber (ah2003_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-01 10:59:23

Aleksey,

[snip]
> So, while here at work we have developed an in-house technology
> that achieves that goal for small-to-medium FSMs (the first prototype
> of which is outlined in the MPL paper), I am really looking forward to
> studying experts' work on the subject.

Thanks, but I'm by no means an expert! All experience I have is some 1.5
years of heavy exposure. I was hoping that an expert would maybe tune into
the discussion here at boost.
BTW, an adapted version of your double-dispatch implementation made it into
my library.

> Well, meanwhile, besides the above, my first comment is going to be
> really minor - I browsed over the tutorial (which looks great!), and
> although I am sure you know it, I thought it would be worth to point
> out that the 'public' specifier is redundant when the derived class
> is declared as 'struct'; if you omit those, the examples' syntax would
> become even more DSL-like (== better :).

Good point (I didn't know as I'm not using structs all that often), I will
change code and docs accordingly. However, I won't release for about two
weeks, as reviewers might get confused if changes happen more often.

Thanks,

Andreas