From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-02 06:02:41

Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:

> At 03:09 PM 6/1/2003, David Abrahams wrote:
> >"Pavel Vozenilek" <pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >
> >> "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> set. I'm not
> >> so
> >>>
> >> You may look on test table
> >> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/boost/1614864.
> >
> >I'm not sure what I should expect to get out of that. In order to
> >make the toolset changes work, when I turn on wchar_t support I also
> >define _NATIVE_WCHAR_T_DEFINED on the command-line, so it all works
> >out.
>
> That will certainly work, but you shouldn't have to do that since the
> compiler itself defines _WCHAR_T_DEFINED.

_WCHAR_T_DEFINED is no help at all in getting full wchar_t support if
the standard library (Dinkumware) doesn't detect it. See the <limits>
header, for example. It only checks for _NATIVE_WCHAR_T_DEFINED.

> Since I made the fix earlier this afternoon I am able to compile
> some non-boost code correctly which had previously be failing.

What fix is that, and did the code use iostreams or limits<wchar_t>?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting