From: Guillaume Melquiond (gmelquio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-07 07:28:03

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, John Maddock wrote:

> A while ago Beman produced header dependency tables, unfortunately these
> began to get rather complicated and so were dropped, I've placed some
> alternative tables here:
>
> Boost header dependencies:
> http://www.regex.fsnet.co.uk/header_dependencies.html
> Boost library dependencies:
> http://www.regex.fsnet.co.uk/library_dependencies.html
>
> Whether these are actually any better than what we had before is
> questionable, but the information might prove useful to some.
>
> BTW these tables are produced using bcp in list mode (see separate thread).
>
> Regards,
>
> John.

I think it's a good idea. But I have a few comments.

First, it only handles headers that are directly under 'boost/'. However
some people have tried not to pollute the root directory and have put
their libraries in sub-directories. For example, the Graph library, uBlas,
the Interval library, the mathematical libraries, and so on. And your
script is unfortunately forgetting them.

Second, the links at the top of the pages don't work with all browsers
since the anchors are defined in a non-standard way. It shouldn't be <a
name=#boostaligned_storagehpp> but <a name=boostaligned_storagehpp> (no
sharp sign). With some quotes, it would be even better, but it's another
problem.

Finally, what are "library dependencies"? Sorry if it's a dumb question.
But by looking at the results, I don't get the meaning of it.

Regards,

Guillaume