From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-08 08:25:35

"Edward Diener" <eddielee_at_[hidden]> writes:

> How does one get the latest Boost CVS source ? I have WinCVS but have never
> been able to figure out how to use it to get CVS source on the Internet
> anywhere. Would anyone like to run me through it ? I know it has something
> to do with server access but I am dumbfounded by the WinCVS doc,

The easiest and most reliable way to use CVS to get the Boost CVS
sources is to use the cvs command-line tool (a cvs.exe is part of your
WinCVS installation) and to simply follow verbatim the instructions
for anonymous CVS access at:

   http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=7586

Using "boost" for the modulename. It's only two lines you need to
type.

I know WinCVS is supposed to make things easier, but for many jobs it
really doesn't - you have to figure out how the instructions everyone
else uses can be translated into equivalent checkboxes and menu items
in WinCVS, and eventually you need to understand how the command-line
works because the abstraction layer provided by WinCVS always "leaks"
the underlying implementation details.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting