From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-08 10:31:58

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Edward Diener" <eddielee_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> How does one get the latest Boost CVS source ? I have WinCVS but
>> have never been able to figure out how to use it to get CVS source
>> on the Internet anywhere. Would anyone like to run me through it ? I
>> know it has something to do with server access but I am dumbfounded
>> by the WinCVS doc,
>
> The easiest and most reliable way to use CVS to get the Boost CVS
> sources is to use the cvs command-line tool (a cvs.exe is part of your
> WinCVS installation) and to simply follow verbatim the instructions
> for anonymous CVS access at:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=7586
>
> Using "boost" for the modulename. It's only two lines you need to
> type.

OK, thanks ! Those two lines should get me started.

> I know WinCVS is supposed to make things easier, but for many jobs it
> really doesn't - you have to figure out how the instructions everyone
> else uses can be translated into equivalent checkboxes and menu items
> in WinCVS, and eventually you need to understand how the command-line
> works because the abstraction layer provided by WinCVS always "leaks"
> the underlying implementation details.

I will use the command lines above but I am still thinking that there must
be a way to do things via WinCVS which allows me to access Boost CVS from
within WinCVS's GUI environment. I will look at the WinCVS site to see if
there are NGs or mailing lists that might help me out.