From: Paul A Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-08 09:56:53

You can seen an example of extending to a 'new' constant 'gamma'
in the examples testFunctionConstants/gamma_function_constants.hpp.

The example by Michael Kenniston also show how complex items
could also be added
(but not normally to avoid every program dragging in <complex>).

Macros could also facilitate the process of course,
and it could start with a macro
defining the constant as a 40 decimal digit string.

If Boosters agree that this scheme is an acceptable way to go,
the the example and guidance could be made more helpful to provide
the encouragement you rightly say is needed.

But first the overall strategy needs agreement.

Paul

Paul A Bristow, Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria LA8 8AB UK