From: Daniel Frey (d.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-06 18:19:32

I currently vote neither yes nor no. I just need to get a better
understanding of what is intended to be included into boost from the files
provided.

On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 19:21:08 +0200, Paul A Bristow wrote:

> but I hope the review can concentrate on what emerged previously as the
> _really_ tricky issue of how to _present_ the values in C++,

I looked at the files and I think that they need some clean ups. Also, I
don't really see the concept behind it. How are the values presented and
how does your way compare to other options? (Well, I basically can fiure
out the first part, but without the second, I can't really understand it).
Maybe you can provide some links to the key messages of the discussion
that lead to it or give us a short summary.

Another point I am missing is a way to extend the constants for
user-defined types. Something like numeric_limits<> comes to mind. I think
that this is a must-have feature as people that write applications that
need lots of these constants are likely also using types with higher
precision that the standard types provided by the language. Without a way
to teach the constants-framework the new types, they will create wrappers
and thus they won't use the intended boost-/standard-way to access the
variables.

Regards, Daniel