From: Larry Evans (jcampbell3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-09 11:25:35

Jonathan D. Turkanis wrote:
> Thanks for your interest. I have posted the library at
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/streambuf_lib/.

[snip]
> Robert Ramey wrote:

[snip]
>>out of streambuf and a streambuf built that can use any "adaptable
>
> sequence".
>
> This is good idea! I had thought about composing streambufs to create new
> streambufs, and indeed this seems fairly straightforward using my approach
> (perhaps the most difficult part is selecting suitable names for the
> composition operations -- how about 'operator+' ?)

I hadn't thought of the "adaptable sequence" idea, but the "composition
of streambufs" idea sounds similar to the marg_ostreambuf in
files/col_io. The marg_ostreambuf::CTOR takes a streambuf and its
member functions forward to that after doing some processing via the
marg_buffer_put superclass. Maybe marg_buffer_put is a "sort-of"
"adaptable sequence". Anyway, it might give you some ideas.