From: William E. Kempf (wekempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-12 11:06:20

Adrian Michel said:
> I am using MSVC 6, but I run into the same problem. Changing the project
> settings to use the MFC dll cleared the warnings.
>
> Moreover, I tried to run my project with no MFC support and I got this
> message:
> d:\documents and
> settings\administrator\desktop\dev\boost_1_30_0\boost\thread\thread.hpp(17)
> : fatal error C1189: #error : Thread support is unavailable!
>
> I did look deeper into the problem, but there seems to be some hidden
> MFC dependency in the thread libraries.

No, there is no MFC dependency. Changing your project settings to use the
MFC dll cleared the warnings because this change also effects how you link
against the C RTL. When you tried to compile the project with no MFC you
got the error you did because you failed to compile against a
multi-threaded C RTL. All dependencies in Boost.Threads are with the C
RTL and not MFC.

--
William E. Kempf