From: Ulrich Eckhardt (uli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-13 00:42:45

On Thursday 12 June 2003 17:05, William E. Kempf wrote:
> JOLY Loic said:
> > 1/ Dynamic libraries
> > Although I compiled boost with the option "-sBUILD=debug release
> > <runtime-link>static/dynamic", the library is still generated as a DLL.
> > I do not exactly know what is meant by "static" in this case.
>
> <runtime-link> specifies how you link against the C RTL, not what type of
> library will be built.
>
> Currently (and for the forseeable future), Boost.Threads will only produce
> dynamic link libraries. Read the mail archives for a detailed explanation
> of why.

There is on rather hackish way to use static linkage. We simply setup three
.cpp-files that included the .cpp-files from out of the boost sourcetree.
Works fine for 1.28 and 1.29 and only required one conditional for 1.30. If
there is interest, I can post these files here (I'm not at work atm...).

hth

Ulrich Eckhardt