From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-15 09:27:10

At 08:01 AM 6/15/2003, John Maddock wrote:

>The following four files:
>
>boost/filesystem/exception.hpp
>boost/filesystem/operations.hpp
>boost/variant/detail/move.hpp
>libs/filesystem/src/exception.cpp
>
>Use a licence that is different from any other file in boost (the closest
>approximation appears to be the good old SGI licence).
>Is it possible to avoid unnecessary licence proliferation, and reissue
>these files under another licence (one that is already in use elsewhere)?

As far as the filesystem files go, I'm sure the answer is yes, although I'd
have to get permission from Dietmar and Jan first.

But it looks to me like the lawyers are within a few days of having a draft
of a preferred Boost license ready for comment from the full list. So I'd
rather wait until then to make any change.

--Beman