From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-19 05:56:07

I have just tried the tool. On the whole, it's very usefull. Thanks to John!

However, it seems to be confused by the preprocessor library. Since the
includes sometime have the form:

   #include BOOST_PP_ITERATE()

the 'bcp' tool does not find them. For example,
"boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter directory is needed by
boost/function.hpp but is not included. I've added some explicit dependencies
with the attached patch --- can it be applied?

Another note is on usability. Say I create directory "po" and find that some
files are missing. I tweak bcp source and try again. But attempt to override
files fail. I remove "po" directory. But then "bcp" says the destination does
not exist. It's a bit inconvenient --- maybe destination directory should be
created if it does not exist. Or maybe, there should be --overwrite switch,
which would simply clean up destination before doing copies.

And the last note:

   bcp --boost=/home/ghost/Work/boost boost/function/function1.hpp function1

creates a tree of 1975 kbytes. Hmm, never though there's that many
dependencies...

- Volodya