From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-20 05:49:03

> However, it seems to be confused by the preprocessor library. Since the
> includes sometime have the form:
>
> #include BOOST_PP_ITERATE()
>
> the 'bcp' tool does not find them. For example,
> "boost/preprocessor/iteration/detail/iter directory is needed by
> boost/function.hpp but is not included. I've added some explicit
dependencies
> with the attached patch --- can it be applied?

Thanks will fix - I've got a bunch of other really exciting changes comming
(licence scanning) - so the patch may have to wait a few days.

> Another note is on usability. Say I create directory "po" and find that
some
> files are missing. I tweak bcp source and try again. But attempt to
override
> files fail. I remove "po" directory. But then "bcp" says the destination
does
> not exist. It's a bit inconvenient --- maybe destination directory should
be
> created if it does not exist. Or maybe, there should be --overwrite
switch,
> which would simply clean up destination before doing copies.

Or maybe it should just go ahead and overwrite, should be easy to fix.

> And the last note:
>
> bcp --boost=/home/ghost/Work/boost boost/function/function1.hpp
function1

> creates a tree of 1975 kbytes. Hmm, never though there's that many
> dependencies...

Hmm, it seems to pull in more of type_traits than I would have expected, and
that pulls in part of mpl, and then a whole load of the preprocessor
library. I don't think any given compiler will include half of that, but
which half depends upon which compiler...

John