From: Reed Hedges (hedges_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-20 09:08:47

Quoting David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>:

> > Neal D. Becker Jun 19 2003 3:32PM
> >> If you are starting out, why not use current cygwin?
> >>

> > Do you mean why not use GCC (3.2)?
> > Because 3.2 is buggy and I can't use it with my software. And it
> > would take me quite some time to download it on my slow dialup
> > line. When 3.3 is available, then I can use that.
>

> http://gcc.gnu.org:
>
> May 14, 2003 GCC 3.3 has been released.
>
> However, in my experience GCC 3.3 is a lot worse than 3.2, so if
> you've got problems with 3.2 I'd think twice before upgradin

I meant, when 3.3 is available on Cygwin. 3.3 works great on my Linux system. It
seems to be working fine with Boost so far, at least for the parts that I use.
What exactly do you have trouble with when you have used 3.3?

Has there been any extensive testing yet of 3.3 and Boost?

Do you think that 3.3 will be a problem for me if I build a Cygwin package for
Boost?

Like I said, If I were to build a "real" cygwin package, I would use the most
recent compiler available for Cygwin.

reed

--
Reed Hedges