From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-20 15:28:13

--- Reed Hedges <hedges_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Quoting David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>:
>
> > However, in my experience GCC 3.3 is a lot worse than 3.2, so if

That's my experience, too, but I don't use cygwin. General observations:

- we had to add a couple of gcc 3.3 specific workarounds to Boost.Python
- under Redhat 8.0 the optimizer is broken for several of our modules
- under Mac OS 10 I had a very hard time working around internal compiler
errors and the optimizer is broken for virtually everything

On the other hand, gcc 3.2 under Redhat 8.0 works like charm. I cannot remember
any significant issues. But again, I don't know how this is related to gcc
under cygwin.

Ralf