From: Philip Miller (pwmiller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-23 08:46:13

Hello,
Since this is my first posting to the Boost List, let me first say
thanks for Boost. It looks like a great resource! My first use of
Boost will be the date_time library, followed by the file_system
library.

Now, the reason for my posting. I am using MSVC 7.0 and am unable to
compile the date_time library tests. Compiling time_parsing.hpp gives
me an error in lexical_cast, where there is no output operator for the
lexical_cast<unsigned short> compiled for the function
parse_delimited_time_duration. But the test regression results for
date_time indicates that all tests pass for MSVC 7.0. What am I doing
wrong?

I sincerely appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Phil

For what it is worth: I changed the template parameter for the
lexical_cast from unsigned short to int, and everything seems to compile
and all date_time tests pass. But I would prefer to use an "official"
Boost release and not my own hacked version. Plus I would like to
understand why my system is encountering different results than the
boost regression test indicates.