From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-24 06:25:58

At 06:43 AM 6/24/2003, John Maddock wrote:
>> I just checked out the latest CVS and I am having trouble building it.
>> My environment is:
>>
>> - Windows XP
>> - Intel Version 7.1, Build 20030402Z
>> - Visual C++ 7.0
>>
>> All my environment variables are setup correctly (INCLUDE, LIB,
MSVCDIR,
>> INTEL_PATH, PATH). The command line I am using with bjam is:
>>
>> bjam -sTOOLS=intel-win32 -sINTEL_BASE_MSVC_TOOLSET=vc7
>> -sPYTHON_ROOT=C:\Python
>>
>> Looking at the command line that bjam is executing to compile the
files,
>> it seems to be all right (paths to header files, the correct compiler,
>etc).
>
>> This error happens in a lot of files, besides numeric.cpp. I let it try
>> to compile more 6 files before I gave up, since something is obviously
>> wrong. If needed, I can post the list of files that are giving this
>error.
>>
>> Does anybody know what am I doing wrong?
>
>It looks like the config system is assuming that wchar_t is a native
type,
>but that it isn't being turned on in the compiler - perhaps a boost.build
>expert can jump in here....

I agree with John that it looks like /Zc:wchar_t isn't being passed to the
compiler. Yet the toolset clearly does so.

To debug, run bjam with the -d2 option and look at the options being passed
to the compiler. If /Zc:wchar_t is missing, then there is something wrong
with your tools/build/intel-win32-tools.jam file.

The other possibility is that Intel changed something in their 7.1 update.
I'm planning to install that update in a day or two; we'll see if it breaks
the Win32 regression tests.

--Beman