From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-24 21:03:29

At 10:14 AM 6/24/2003, Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

>Beman Dawes wrote:
>> The other possibility is that Intel changed something in their 7.1
>> update. I'm planning to install that update in a day or two; we'll
>> see if it breaks the Win32 regression tests.
>
>We upgraded to 7.1 a couple of days ago, so
>http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm.html,
>despite
>what it says in the table's header (need to research why), already
reports
>for the new compiler.

Intel's 7.1 upgrade doesn't bump their release macro! It is still reporting
700.

I tried to update to use Intel 7.1 with VC++ 7.1, but am getting strange
results. The IDE integration doesn't seem to provide a way to switch to the
Intel compiler. Boost tests are getting weird link failures. No std::endl
for example. Either the Intel release isn't ready for VC++ 7.1 (in spite of
claims to the contrary) or I've done something stupid.

Which VC++ version are you integrating Intel with? Have you gotten it to
work with VC++ 7.1?

Also, your setup is confusing the bjam automatic version deduction. As Dave
just replied to someone else:

>If your installation path for the compiler includes a "CompilerXX"
>element, where XX is a two-digit number, it will deduce the version
>from that. Otherwise, you should set INTEL_VERSION to a one digit
>number, "7" in your case. Note that if you installed Intel to use
>msvc6 as its back-end toolset, you won't get wchar_t support either
>because the standard library can't handle it.

--Beman