From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-27 12:26:37

Gregory Colvin wrote:

> It seems that doing it by reference to a web page amounts to Boost
> reserving
> the right to change terms in the future, possibly to the disadvantage
> of the
> authors and users. But I see lots of code that refers to the GPL that
> way,
> so this is another question for the lawyers.

Oh, I'd missed that. I assumed the link would reference the license in
the downloaded distribution, rather than the online version. That way
you are bound to the license you downloaded, rather than a license
potentially changing without your notice.

Plus, not all PCs with Boost distributions are going to have Internet
connections. In these cases you really do need to include the license
with the distribution. [Especially as you are binding distribution of
the license as a requirement (in appropriate circumstances)]

--
AlisdairM