From: Maxim Egorushkin (e-maxim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-06-29 16:22:46

Hello,

I've been missing a feature in the thread library: managing a thread
priority. And, BTW, the class encapsulating stopwatch functionality with a
millisecond precision would be very useful. It would help writing more
portable programs (as boost::thread is portable).

I'm aware of the fact that it's very operating system specific. But I do
think that it could be done with elegance and ease in the spirit the whole
library adhere. The first thing to come in mind is to add a couple of member
functions to boost::thread like this:

class thread

{

    // ...

    void increase_priority();

    void decrease_priority();

    // ...

};

I'd really love to have this abilities in the boost::thread.

Please, tell me, whether it's possible?