From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-07-08 17:26:50

At 05:06 PM 7/8/2003, Martin Wille wrote:

>Jens Maurer wrote:
>> It appears that the current tools/build/como-tools.jam is
>> not usable on Unix. For example, the linker action
>> causes "REM" lines to be passed to the Unix shell, which
>> does not work.
>>
>> It looks to me that como-win32-tools.jam contains the Win32
>> configuration now, so I'd like to completely redo
>> como-tools.jam for use on Unix/Linux.
>>
>> Ideas?
>
>I have a como-gcc toolset here that does the job for me.
>It wrote it using como-win32 as starting point. I could
>add it to the cvs if you want to. It likely can be improved.

I was the one who split off como-win32 into a separate toolset.

Because the Comeau uses different backends on different platforms, there is
a lot of variation between the UNIX and Windows versions. I was afraid in
making changes for Windows that I would break the UNIX version. The
como-win32 toolset is still very much a work-in-progress. While it is
basically working, issues like debugging are just starting to be addressed.
I think we should continue to keep the toolsets separate for now.

--Beman